MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know where this might go but here goes anyway.....
I have a 416Gsi which I bought earlier this year. Until now I have never had a problem with the alarm, but this morning it has decided to work. I did not recieve a fob or anything with the car, just the key, and all has been well......the alarm light has never flashed.
This morning I tried to get into the car and the alarm goes off (that took me by surprise!!) and the car is imobilised.
My question is this......without the fob (I assume there has been one in the past) what chance do I have of ever being able to get to work?
Thanks in advance

Neil

Sorry.....forgot to mention the car is L reg

·
Registered
796 Posts
We had a 420 L reg and that didnt come with a fob. When the alarm went off on that, just by locking / unlocking the car again by key it switched it off / imobilised it.
Light allways flashed when it was locked.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Rob, but I seem to have solved this myself. I must admit, more by good luck than good management!
The plan was to try to bypass the imobiliser, but I didn't get that far before the job was solved. The battery was disconnected (to avoid further annoying the neighbours!) and I decided to turn on the ignition before reconnecting it.......hey pesto, when I did everything worked!
The alarm/imobiliser seems to have shut itself off again (as it has been for the last few months) and all is well, the car starts and runs as before.
I don't know if this is perculiar to my situation or whether it will work in any other cases, but has got to be worth try......no cost involved!!
Thanks again

Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts