MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im new 2 this forum and new 2 rovers.
got myself a 414 97/R plate. had 2 hav sum work dun on the car, new head gasket, cam belt, power steering belt. heres the problem, when im exclerating up i get this kangarooing problem at differnt revs, it alternates, but usually get it in 2/3 but sumtimes effects 1st high end!

is this a usual problem, any advice on what 2 try 1st?

any replys plz,

Saul.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Welcome.

Please try and refrain from using "txt" speech on this forum as a lot of the members don't like it.

If you're at 2500/3000 revs and you put the accelerator right down to the floor, does it kangaroo then?

It sounds like the car is "missing", a good point to start with would be the spark plugs.
Then possibly the HT Leads, dizzy & rotor arm.

When checking the spark plugs, check the color of the residue on them, should be a fairly light Brown/Grey. I suspect they'll be rather dark though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, sorry about the text, im not used to this forum business.

Yes, it is Kangarooing around that area, but also has done it with low revs.
I will have a look with what you have suggested!

Thanks alot,

Saul.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome to the forums.The above post is probably right about leads and plugs.Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
rover_600
156 Posts
Mine did that yesterdaty - Gave it a bit of light thrashing and its been fine since :s

Mine also does it on Deceleration (spelling?) - Would it be the same thing? (Obvoiusly i cant 'de-thrash' it to see if that cures it!

Welcome by the way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts