MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey only had the 400 bubble for a few weeks in process of mods. starting prob when cold/wet since i bought. had the following and very costly changes done so far but still wont v.well (Does eventually start but coughs an awful lot) No probs if leave over a warm dry night.
Here's whats been done ( Work Payed for it :D )

Headgasket + Belts Etc (Was Double checked after by another garage incase the gasket change was done badly.
Waterpump
Dizzy Cap + Rotor Arm
Plugs & Leads
Cleaned Coil

(New Clutch too but thats obviously not the prob)

One of the garages said its common on the 400's as the coil is located near the bottom of the engine so easily gets moistre etc, But Im sure there must be 1997 416's out there that dont have starting probs. So really want to get to the bottom of it. Any Gurus have any suggestions?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a similar prob with mine every now and again. Not starting but when been driving in rain the revs drop.

As far as i know mines a cracked dizzy as a bit of wd40 on the dizzy works a treat, then probs after that.

Gonna get a new dizzy fitted when i can get around to it.

·
Registered
mg_zs
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm maybe the garage fitted a dodgey new one. Mine does the same with the dropping of the revs, if im going along in 3rd and goto drop intoi 2nd the revs drop right off, and sometimes cuts the whole car out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.