MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an OE(phillips) CD changer to go into my mum's 1999 400 Hatch.

I know the changer goes in the boot, and I have just purchased the bracket to fit it, but I've no idea where abouts in the boot I find the bracket mount.

Can anybody help, pictures would be preferable.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
randyjim said:
I've got an OE(phillips) CD changer to go into my mum's 1999 400 Hatch.

I know the changer goes in the boot, and I have just purchased the bracket to fit it, but I've no idea where abouts in the boot I find the bracket mount.

Can anybody help, pictures would be preferable.

Thanks,
James
Doesn't it go under the passenger front seat?? I know the earlier 200/400's did as I always check for them in breakers yards.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G13SJC said:
Doesn't it go under the passenger front seat?? I know the earlier 200/400's did as I always check for them in breakers yards.
Nope, tried that. It doesn't fit. Not enough room.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Laserlout said:
You should find that it goes in the boot on the left hand side about half way up inbetween the wheel and the rear lights.
Thats more like what I was after! Ta muchly! :)

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yep, 400 MkII left hand side of boot, 200 MkIII under passenger seat.

I actually put our one in the old 400 behind the boot trim on that left hand side, behind the support plate. Completely stealth and won't get knocked about or petrude into boot space.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Stu said:
Yep, 400 MkII left hand side of boot, 200 MkIII under passenger seat.

I actually put our one in the old 400 behind the boot trim on that left hand side, behind the support plate. Completely stealth and won't get knocked about or petrude into boot space.
Mines a mk3 200 and is fitted in the same position as the 400. Got the mounting holes and everything there ready, so it must be designed to go there. That is unless u meant mk2 200?

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh dear! It doesn't fit.

I cant see anywhere to mount the bracket in the left hand boot space, and even if I could the MG-Rover supplied bracket, doesn't fit my MG-Rover CD changer. :irked:

The bracket I have is basically flat with a sort of stepped fold along two opposite edges to fix to the changer. It is a 1999 400 (with Philips ICE), and I am trying to fit the Philips changer removed from under the seat in my 1998 Coupe.

I'm guessing I may have been supplied with a Blaupunkt bracket, but there still isn't anywhere obvious to mount the bracket in the boot.

Any ideas?

Ta,
Jim.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
randyjim said:
Oh dear! It doesn't fit.

I cant see anywhere to mount the bracket in the left hand boot space, and even if I could the MG-Rover supplied bracket, doesn't fit my MG-Rover CD changer. :irked:

The bracket I have is basically flat with a sort of stepped fold along two opposite edges to fix to the changer. It is a 1999 400 (with Philips ICE), and I am trying to fit the Philips changer removed from under the seat in my 1998 Coupe.

I'm guessing I may have been supplied with a Blaupunkt bracket, but there still isn't anywhere obvious to mount the bracket in the boot.

Any ideas?

Ta,
Jim.
I thought it was an Alpine changer with the 400...

Anyway does you bracket look like this??

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
It's the right bracket then.

I got this with a CD changer I bought for the missus' from ebay. It also came with the R200 fitting kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts