MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, right i bought 3 fobs a while ago on ebay, 2 of them are 3XTA and the other is 3XTD. The one that came with my car was an 3XTD so im gonna try and get the same one programmed, if that doesn't work will the others be compatable? that is of course if they have the correct frequency :lol: also mine car is a 1998 R-reg 214IS should the indicators flash when the doors are locked and the alarm/imobiliser activated?

many thanks in advance! sorry for all the questions i keep posting but i love my car and this forum!!!! keep up the good work guys and gals!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
All will work, however the 3TXA will not have passive arming. This means that you will have to press the button on the fob to disable the immobilser if you do not start the car within 30 seconds. Either way take them all with you and get them all coded in. It doesn't cost any extra to have more coded in to the car as they all need to be done at the same time anyway, you can have up to 4 done for the same price.

1998 was the change over period for indicators to flash, but your car is early 1998 so probably not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ashy, i was getting my fobs reprogrammed when you posted your reply. Thats exactly what happened, took it paul bros in bognor regis, gave him my working fob, and the 3 i bought off ebay (all 3 for less that £8 :lol:) came back 20 minutes, 4 programmed fobs all working as should at the cost of £20!!!! freakin bargin. i would highly recommend this place they are very helpful and very good value for money!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks

Thanks ashy, i was getting my fobs reprogrammed when you posted your reply. Thats exactly what happened, took it paul bros in bognor regis, gave him my working fob, and the 3 i bought off ebay (all 3 for less that £8 :lol:) came back 20 minutes, 4 programmed fobs all working as should at the cost of £20!!!! freakin bargin. i would highly recommend this place they are very helpful and very good value for money!
Sorry to revive this from the dead, but I just called them to get my fobs reprogrammed, and to this day the price of £20 still stands, bargain!

Thank you sir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts