MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ooooh have i got a treat for you Diesel drivers!

This thread is to see who can get the closest to the time set by our well known chap running these Modified injectors.

Times done in third gear alone, 30 - 70mph.

Time to beat = 5.1 seconds:bigeyes: ! See below for Daves New Injector performance demo!

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w220/ZS_Nut/?action=view&current=16042007004.flv

Just remember only do it when on your private roads and when it's safe to do so!

Cheers, Phil.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
ok i would just like to say that i dont think this 30-70 in 3rd gear will prove much, as my car is now running quite standard, it will still do it in around 6.5 secs. If u want to show off the extra torque would suggest doing it in 4th, 30-70 in 4th. this would give a better representation of the extra power produced or even 40-80,90, whatever, this 3rd gear wont prove much.

sorry phil just my opinion

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i would just like to say that i dont think this 30-70 in 3rd gear will prove much, as my car is now running quite standard, it will still do it in around 6.5 secs. If u want to show off the extra torque would suggest doing it in 4th, 30-70 in 4th. this would give a better representation of the extra power produced or even 40-80,90, whatever, this 3rd gear wont prove much.

sorry phil just my opinion
Nah no probs Mad, I've only put this thread up so everyone can have a bit of a blast in there cars, Having Daves vid as the comparison gives everyone something to aim for. Plus it's very entertaining to watch! Just wish my needle would move that fast! But soon it will!!!

I know what you mean about using higher gears would show off the torque capabilities but 3rd gears a good all round gear for me when i'm giving the local boy racers a hard time:D

Maybe at some point when he's got a bit less on his plate we'll have some other times in different gears to compare to but for now this vid still does it's job at entertaining and impressing.

Cheers,

Phil.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Well Here's mine. This was smorning, it was 8 degrees and a gnats whisker downhill and I'm running slightly lower profile tyres than standard. Not too good judging by your comments.

I didn't time mine then but watching my vid I'd estimate about 7.5 secs. I don't know what standard is.
BTW mine has -
Wingy De-Cat
Matt re-map
Rover Ron Mafam
ITG Filter
Something wrong ?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Here's mine. This was smorning, it was 8 degrees and a gnats whisker downhill and I'm running slightly lower profile tyres than standard. Not too good judging by your comments.
Nice Vid there Revor, I must do one of my own now!

That's actually quite good in my opinion mate as you've got to remember that the further down the times go(especially the 5 second bracket), the harder it becomes to gain more time! If you went only 1.5 - 2 secs quicker than Wingys time then you'd be in Super/Hyper car territory! So to be only 2 - 3 seconds off Wingys times without injectors & exhaust is cracking!

I think i remember reading on the forums somewhere that with just the standard car before maf/mafam(a 45 i believe), it took them 17 seconds 30 -70 so there's a comparison for everyone!

Doesn't it make you want those injectors more and more though when these Videos pop up:hyper: !

Cheers, Phil.

·
Registered
rover_25
48 Posts
Mine is about the same 30-70 as RevorTDs, so your timing seems ok. My mods are the same as yours too. One thing I notice from these videos is that your all going slightly past 70mph in third, whereas mine will just scrape 70 before the limiter cuts in. Is that right?

·
Registered
445 Posts
30-70

Nice Vid there Revor, I must do one of my own now!

That's actually quite good in my opinion mate as you've got to remember that the further down the times go(especially the 5 second bracket), the harder it becomes to gain more time! If you went only 1.5 - 2 secs quicker than Wingys time then you'd be in Super/Hyper car territory! So to be only 2 - 3 seconds off Wingys times without injectors & exhaust is cracking!

I think i remember reading on the forums somewhere that with just the standard car before maf/mafam(a 45 i believe), it took them 17 seconds 30 -70 so there's a comparison for everyone!

Doesn't it make you want those injectors more and more though when these Videos pop up:hyper: !

Cheers, Phil.

hi yes, this was true.... before i had my new maf and mafam from rover ron....my 45 2.0 td conn did 30-70 in about 17 or 18 seconds! with the new maf and mafam it did it in about 12!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Okay, I was bored enough to try. :p

30-70 in third (measured between previously calibrated GPS speeds, not default rather dodgy speedo settings!) - 5.8 seconds, with the TU1 set to slight puffs of smoke and slightly high idle, and boost at 20psi with the ball & spring controller.

Not too shabby! Might have had the benefit of a tail wind though, bit breezy down here today! :lol:

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts
Hi Phil,

Here some times for you to compare. Right heres my times running the hybrid turbo at 20psi of boost and all the usual mods between 6 and 6.5 seconds on average about 6.2 over 5 timed runs all done in third gear.

Then i carried on changing up into 4th to see what time 90mph came up, which on average was in a time of 15.5 seconds!

So 30-90mph 3rd threw 4th gear coming up in 15.5 seconds in think is quite good and i'm only running a bit extra fuel at the moment with Ron's tuning box's fuel dial at about 3 o'clock so they my be some quicker times to post yet!

will try and get some video evidence to back it up aswell.

Cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Hi Phil,

Here some times for you to compare. Right heres my times running the hybrid turbo at 20psi of boost and all the usual mods between 6 and 6.5 seconds on average about 6.2 over 5 timed runs all done in third gear.

Then i carried on changing up into 4th to see what time 90mph came up, which on average was in a time of 15.5 seconds!

So 30-90mph 3rd threw 4th gear coming up in 15.5 seconds in think is quite good and i'm only running a bit extra fuel at the moment with Ron's tuning box's fuel dial at about 3 o'clock so they my be some quicker times to post yet!

will try and get some video evidence to back it up aswell.

Cheers, Mark.
Are these speeds as per the speedo, or are they GPS'd?

I might give the 30-70 trip a go, if it is just speedo indicated.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
556 Posts

Cheers
Skelo
Mine was done by cruising at a steady 30 indicated on the GPS, which worked out as 33 on the speedo, and then cruising at a steady 70mph GPS, which was 75mph on the speedo. I then timed my runs from 33-75 on the speedo. ;)

So, using 30-70 on the speedo might have been a tiny smidge quicker, but I just wanted to be accurate. :lol:

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Ok, just come back from some 30-70mph (indicated) runs, the average was around the 10 second mark. That is with the limiter being hit at around the 4.5 - 5K rpm mark. Its difficult to hold my stopwatch, look at the speedo,look at the rev counter all at the same time!!

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
1,367 Posts

Cheers
Skelo
Not got access to a gps unit at the moment so timing were done the old fashioned way taking into account what people have said about the speedo variations for good measure i started my runs bang on 30mph and stopped them probably more as the needle on the speedo had crossed the 70 mark probably about 72-73mph

·
Registered
3,490 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I got some 600 diesel injectors this morning......:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: ...... as I knew the car they came off was running perfectly I just popped them in. OMG!!!!!! my car is quick! 8.5 seconds 30-70 in 3rd was the time before, 6.25 appox now! whats more, 50-70 in top gear is now a shade quicker than it was before in 4th gear!!!!!!
Theres just one problem though....the car now clags like *******! I dunno if I'm going to get Matt to remap it or what, but the standard injectors are going back in tomorrow....
Jim

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Here is a few timings I did today, i dont think my engine is particularly healthy tho unfortunatly. Only done 27k too.

~9secs 30-70 3rd Gear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxrEjeE1deE

~10secs 30-70 4th Gear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWPIazISJBQ

~17secs 50-90 5th Gear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF17v60b0_w

Only mod is a decat.

What do they look like? seem abit poor to me?
Seeing as mine was only .5 a second quicker than yours 30-70 3rd gear, and mines had a remap, I think thats pretty good.
Jim

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.