MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
75 CDTi going in for 3 year service and MOT in few weeks. Is there anything I should look at having done outside of the normal? It is due a treat.
Lots of talk on this forum about performance drop off due to MAF thing but cannot say i have noticed this as yet. Although if it is slow decline might not notice - perhaps get it cleaned?
Thinking of doing a little something on the performance front - any tips? But be gentle with me - I do not want to be doing any real DIY myself. My competence extends to replacing air filter and the like.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
May aswell get the MAF cleaned wont do it any harm, also maybe change brake fluid and anti-freeze.

As for performance mods air intake mod version 2 is a doddle only need a stanley knife and a bit of force, have a search for threads - makes a big difference.

If it deserves a special treat maybe a rover ron tu3b tuning box or the synergy http://tuning-diesels.com/75Zt/R75home.htm

The tu3b is also very easy to fit, took me longer trying to work out what to cable tie the cable to than actually fit the thing - 5 minutes job just need a 5mm socket and a screw driver. Check with insurance first and explain its a tuning box you can switch off and increases bhp by less than 15% you could say you want more torque for towing a caravan to avoid the boy racer loading by insurance company (then again maybe they charge for towing caravans ive no idea but would assume they have to be insured even if its just against attack from a Mr J Clarkson)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts