MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen the pickies of B(the unacceptable face of capitalism)MWs new 3 MAX on the cover of AutoExcess this week?
ASTONISHING likeness to the TCV concepts roofline.....they just can't keep their grubby mits off anything!

·
Registered
mg_zr
954 Posts
Poor, poor BMW, reduced to stealing styling cues from a Rover concept car, and naming style from a small Focus-based Ford MPV :lol:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes I saw that on the cover and was horrified to see what looked like the TCV from the side with a 3 series front end grafted on.

I assume that it is just a AE computer generated image, but then again, can BMW ever be trusted again???? :cus:

After all, when the China Brilliance thing collapsed, MGR were out in the cold, and all of a sudden BMW were in bed with CB......mmmmmmm.........

·
Registered
rover_75
460 Posts
haudit23 said:
Poor, poor BMW, reduced to stealing styling cues from a Rover concept car, and naming style from a small Focus-based Ford MPV :lol:
The name "3 Max" is purely an Auto Express invention.
They do like their puns on Auto Express. Almost every intro has one.
Strangely though, the very best reaction anyone in history has received from making a pun is a groan. I don't know why they do it.

Examples:

The new BMW is "1" to look out for.

We took great pictures when we went to "C" the new Mercedes.

The other thing that really annoys me about it is the way Ford gets a nickname - "the Blue Oval". As if anyone ever says that. They try to call Vauxhall "the Griffin" but I think they might have stopped that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Buttyboy said:
The name "3 Max" is purely an Auto Express invention.
They do like their puns on Auto Express. Almost every intro has one.
Strangely though, the very best reaction anyone in history has received from making a pun is a groan. I don't know why they do it.

Examples:

The new BMW is "1" to look out for.

We took great pictures when we went to "C" the new Mercedes.

The other thing that really annoys me about it is the way Ford gets a nickname - "the Blue Oval". As if anyone ever says that. They try to call Vauxhall "the Griffin" but I think they might have stopped that.
Lol, the ones I hate the most in auto express are how they call 4x4s 'mud-pluggers' and that diesels 'drink from the black pump' - those two are guaranteed to make a couple of appearances each issue ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts