MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would post this since it includes all the Autoglym / Meguiars stuff as well!

Im just begining to build up a "cleaning kit" for my new TF so I purchased:

1. Halfords Sheepswool Mitt - (£9)
2. AutoGlym Super Resin Polish (for when I finally figure out how to use it :confused:, heard it raved about a few times ;) ) - (£9)

3. Meguiars All Wheel Cleaner - Free! (should be £7.50!)

Next run should be for an alloy wheel brush (recommendations welcome), some Autoglym soft top cleaner, and whatever else comes as a freebie :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't bother with the Halford lambwool mitt. Mine only lasted about a dozen washes before it started falling apart. Its also very soft and will only clean dust off the car. It won't even take off dried mud from the paintwork.

Bought the Megs Microfibre mitt instead. Cleans much easier, and isn't falling apart yet! Same amount of money anyway IIRC

·
Registered
436 Posts
Don't bother with the Halford lambwool mitt. Mine only lasted about a dozen washes before it started falling apart. Its also very soft and will only clean dust off the car. It won't even take off dried mud from the paintwork.
I use the lambswool mitt and haven't had any problems. I always hose the car down first to soften everything. Just recently I purchased a super spray hose attachment to soak the car in shampoo before scrubbing with the mitt. I always wash it after use.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A foam sprayer would probably lift it up and make my life easier, but haven't really got the money for one at the moment! I do like the halfords mitt, as my car doesn't usually get very dirty, its just a shame its life was so short!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I took advantage of this offer too and bought a Turtle Wax mitt, looks much ebtter quality than the halfords one and it was a tenner.

Bought a turtle wax detailing towel (I though this was to dry the car but it doesn't dry so I think I will just use it for polishing!) this was a tenner too...

Then I a premium alloy wheel brush for free worth £6.50. Didn't see any megs stuff.

·
Registered
436 Posts
A foam sprayer would probably lift it up and make my life easier, but haven't really got the money for one at the moment!
This is what I brought having read Andy's write up on the Megane;http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-drying/super-spray-hose-end-sprayer/prod_335.html

I wasn't sure it would be that great but having used it I think it is one of the best car cleaning purchases I've made, & its under a tenner.

I use any really cheap shampoo in it and put loads in to get it nice and frothy. Once soaked I wash the car by hand with AG shampoo.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cool must have missed that one. May have to try that! Easy not having to get pressure washer out too. Would probably work well with some snow foam!

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Yeah I use a halfords mitt too, I got it as a present, seems to have lasted a few months of washes alright, does seem a bit soft, though I never let the car get that bad so maybe it hasn't had a real punishment yet. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts