MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Well as I was not clear on which band it may be in I asked the trader politely which it was in and got a completely facetious answer back so would I buy from someone like that, not likely!

First rule in any sale be polite to all potential customers ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am the dealer selling this car and feel that an apology is due on my behalf to the contributor's involved. all comments made on this thread are acknowledged and comments such as 'muppet' are justified in this instance. I make no excuses other than my rudeness was generated out of frustration at some of the ridiculously low offers I was receiving. Only two enquiries were shown by me on the listing but in total I received something approaching 40, all of which were from 'serious buyers' who resultantly were not prepared to pay more than £9600 for this car. In fact the majority of people were offering over-priced part exchanges against a sub £10000 value for my car. Irrespective of the final eBay offer, this is not a sub £10000 car and I paid appreciably more than that for it, and very happily too. As someone has mentioned here, the car is advertised at £12995 and is undeniably keenly priced. Of course, this is a 'niche' market car and will not appeal to everyone, but that is the kind of stock I specifically source. Anyhow, to some extent this is by the by. I have come on here to apologise for the comment, I do run my business with integrity and courtesy to all involved and if people have tracked my website via other advertising for the MG 260, then they will see that it is a business with a difference. To clarify the VED position on the car, or to re-iterate what has been said by other people here, all 260's @ 314 g/km fall into the higher emissions bracket, whether it be in excess of 185 for band F or in excess of 225 for band G, but in this case the car is registered in July 2006 post 23rd March 2006 which is the cut off point. In essence, any MG 260 registered post 23rd March 2006 is band G and prior to this date is band F.

Another interesting point to note on this car is that it is chassis no. 000260. The car is beautiful and as new, further adding to the frustration of very low eBay bids.

Anyhow, apologies again, my comments made and the way in which they were made are not typical of how I conduct myself with customers.

Regards

Damon Sargent

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Another interesting point to note on this car is that it is chassis no. 000260. The car is beautiful and as new, further adding to the frustration of very low eBay bids.

Anyhow, apologies again, my comments made and the way in which they were made are not typical of how I conduct myself with customers.
Damon I think most of us realise Ebay is not the nicest place to operate
The 260 is a niche car one rarely appears on Ebay without it being discussed on the three major 75 and ZT forums.
This is often as mutually beneficial to the forums as it is to the seller as it generates interest etc.

I have two ebay traders locally to me and I normally check their cars over for them prior to sale on my Testbook then if the car is nice I often post about it as well sometimes these car fetch damned good prices and sometimes not

Your car will sell given time so don't give it away

There were only around 883 made yours is obviously a unique number and we wondered on http://www.two-sixties.com/ when it would surface

That vin number being 260 would definitely appeal to a ZT enthusiast considering buying one so if you relist it promote the number

There are a few things you could do to the car and mention in the sale as done which may well improve bidding.
One is to replace the top heater hose with a modifired one from http://www.two-sixties.com/. as the vast majority of OEM hoses burst.
Next is to get and fit the fuel filter clip.
Both or the above are must do's!

Lastly has the diff oil been changed if not do it or offer to do it as during running in the diff oil can get a bit mucky after its first 1000 miles so it is recommended to change it. Once done it does not need to be done again for a very long time
260 buyers "in the know" will appreciate these jobs having been done as they are things that they would be advised to do if asking on forums like this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keith,

Thanks for the excellent advice which has all been carefully noted ! I apologise again to you for my comment, and also to SteveTD who received a similar reply. As I have said, this was all bourne out of the eBay experience. The car will not be relisted and it definitely will not be given away ! However, for the right buyer it can be bought for a fair price, the advertised figure of £12995 is flexible and I will always value a part exchange, whether up or down, fairly.

Anyway, thanks again. I am glad that this matter has been aired and discussed.

Damon

·
Registered
mg_zt
230 Posts
Fair play to you Damon for your comments. I'm sure £12,995 will be no problem, but I think it might take a few months as they are not quick cars to shift. Good luck anyhow

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts