MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just put a set of zr springs on my 25 but i noticed at the back if the cars jacked up the shocks stretch more than the springs. the front seems ok tho. anyone else had this problem? mot soon and i dont think they'd be impressed if it was held on wit cable ties!! oh its a derv 25 and the spring are off a derv zr too.

help
hybs

·
Registered
383 Posts
can't understand that mate i've lowered mine 40mm and theres no problem like that!!

Are you sure you fitted them properly??

Only reason I can think of would be that your shocks were excessively worn before you fitted the springs!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
twin-cam25 said:
can't understand that mate i've lowered mine 40mm and theres no problem like that!!

Are you sure you fitted them properly??

Only reason I can think of would be that your shocks were excessively worn before you fitted the springs!!
twincam, whats the ride like lowered 40mm? I'm either doing that or Zr avos. Is the handling really good?

·
Registered
28 Posts
hybstheory said:
hey just put a set of zr springs on my 25 but i noticed at the back if the cars jacked up the shocks stretch more than the springs. the front seems ok tho. anyone else had this problem? mot soon and i dont think they'd be impressed if it was held on wit cable ties!! oh its a derv 25 and the spring are off a derv zr too.

help
hybs
not sure about the standard springs but i know when i lowered my zr on avo springs i had to cable tie the rear speings in!

passed mot no problems

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
twin-cam25 said:
well heres some pics a couple of months ago!! i've done more to it since then but it'll give you an idea about the ride height
Yeh i've seen the pics before lol, well have you got msn as i dont wana jack this fellas thread!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Don't worry about the MOT. Doesn't matter whether they are impressed or not. As long as they are secured in the cups with cable ties then they can't fail you on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
na dont think they'd be worn. seem to work fine just this wee problem. yeah i have them in with cable ties but i live in n.ireland!! the worse place to have a car! stricter mots, higher insurance! im tellin ya, u boys over the water got it easy! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts