MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've been looking into some simple upgrades for my newly acquired Rover 200 SE 1.1 8v. Its quite a basic model, and one of the things I've been wanting to fit is body coloured mirrors.
So im wondering, will Rover 25 mirrors will fit on my 200? i realise they are a different shape, but are the fittings the same? Is it a straight fit or will they need a little modification? It's just because its easier to go to the scrapyard and fetch a pair of flame red 25 mirrors, as 200 parts are getting a little hard to find!
thanks in advance,
Aaron

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,748 Posts
R25 mirrors have three (3) bolts fixing it to door, while R200 mirrors have only 2 bolts. This means you are one bolt/hole pair short for easy retrofit.
In order to fit R25 mirrors instead of R200 mirrors you will need to drill new 1 or 2 holes in order to fit it. How many holes will be needed you will need to see on premise when you remove R200 mirror and align R25 mirror where it should be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R25 mirrors have three (3) bolts fixing it to door, while R200 mirrors have only 2 bolts. This means you are one bolt/hole pair short for easy retrofit.
In order to fit R25 mirrors instead of R200 mirrors you will need to drill new 1 or 2 holes in order to fit it. How many holes will be needed you will need to see on premise when you remove R200 mirror and align R25 mirror where it should be.
Thanks for that, seems pretty simple so i might have a go at it. hopefully the scrappy has some flame red mirrors in stock!

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,307 Posts
The best match you will find on Rover 25 or MG ZR door mirrors will be Solar Red, which replaced Flame Red in the colour palette for the 25 when it was launched.

I am not sure how far different a shade it is, but may not be too noticeable on the mirrors. If you do need to repaint a set, the coloured mirror covers unclip relatively easily with some careful prising along the lower edge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best match you will find on Rover 25 or MG ZR door mirrors will be Solar Red, which replaced Flame Red in the colour palette for the 25 when it was launched.

I am not sure how far different a shade it is, but may not be too noticeable on the mirrors. If you do need to repaint a set, the coloured mirror covers unclip relatively easily with some careful prising along the lower edge.
I did expect that flame red might not be a 25 colour. i did initially think mine was solar red but the code reveals its flame red. I need to give the arches a little attention anyway so i will have some paint left over hopefullly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

just looked into it, apparently they are very different. maybe ill just paint my original mirrors then! :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why not paint the mirrors you have?
I was going to do that. I thought that since I was painting my mirrors, I may as well upgrade them with 25 mirrors. But since I can't get 25 mirrors in the correct colour and will have to repaint them anyway, I may as well just paint my current ones.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
The R3 200 used the same mirrors as the Metro/100 and the MGF which came in some of the same colours. The mountings might not be common but I expect the casings are.

If you go for R25 mirrors, they are available with chrome mirror caps which look good. Alternatively, black or silver would look good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The R3 200 used the same mirrors as the Metro/100 and the MGF which came in some of the same colours. The mountings might not be common but I expect the casings are.

If you go for R25 mirrors, they are available with chrome mirror caps which look good. Alternatively, black or silver would look good.
I was aware they were the same, my dad's got an LE500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts