MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One question. A quick national search of Autotrader.co.uk has revealed that there are only 3, yes 3 220SDi's in the country with 60,000 miles or under for sale. Now that strikes me as a bit odd really... I honestly didn't know that the 220 Diesels were that popular that some people feel the need to drive the into the deck...

Does anyone else know of any in their local area with any less on their clock?

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Well when I was working in London 2 years ago there was a blue one just sitting and rotting in a car park it had 39999 miles on the clock!

This is the car that got me into rover! lol
No one that lived by knew who owned it or anything!
Nor would the police tell me!

lol

Attachments

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prolly been stolen. Wouldn't surprise me... :(

Just noticed a little beut on Ebay just down the road from me with a very low mileage, just what I'm after. Shame I ain't got the cash to back it up though. :(

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
if you can go to see them, see if they can prove the milage. Where about in Stafford are ya from? I've seen loads of rover 220SDi's around especially Phil's (ultimate racer's).

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
Alex30013k said:
Well when I was working in London 2 years ago there was a blue one just sitting and rotting in a car park it had 39999 miles on the clock!

This is the car that got me into rover! lol
No one that lived by knew who owned it or anything!
Nor would the police tell me!

lol
Where about is it in London? Is it still there?

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
You want to try searching for a low milage 220SDi 3 door! there even rarer!!. There nice little cars with big engines capable of the miles so very popular with commuters. Nice car though :D

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
How about the one steve childs is advertising its a lovely motor with low miles and i would say meets your criterion

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
andy said:
Where about is it in London? Is it still there?
Wood Street
Walthamstow London!

In front of the school just b4 the rail bridge next to a kebab shop!

Don’t go up the fire escapes on the building next to you cos I put them up!

:bgrin:

Dont know if its still there!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Stu C said:
You want to try searching for a low milage 220SDi 3 door! there even rarer!!. There nice little cars with big engines capable of the miles so very popular with commuters. Nice car though :D
Well thats what i was looking for before i got the 400. I wanted a 3 door sdi with sensible miles, and possibly air-con. The prices were daft and thats if you could find one. So for less money i got a better specced car. 3 door sdi's are rarer than rocking horse s##t!! About as rare as MK3 3 door Golf TDI, looked at them too.

·
Registered
mg_zt
119 Posts
My Wifes 220sdi has just completed 237000 trouble free miles so dont worry about the mileage too much it had 8500 miles on it when purchased in june 97

1 - 11 of 11 Posts