MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do,

My trusty old 220 SDi bubble has recently developed a very annoying fault. The alarm has started to go off without provocation.

I've whipped all the door switches off including the boot and still it goes off. what else can I try? It has had problems in the past and the previous owner just disabled the central locking. I had it put back together, worked fine for 6 months and now it's playing up again.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be? All help very much appreciated by myself and my neighbours!!

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to say: I've fixed the tailgate wiring! I think that was the reason the central locking didn't work for the previous owner though. Didn't tell him though, got the car for £500 because of it!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I had this recently on my ZR, someone on here suggested closing the air vents, this seemed to fix it as the alarms not been off for a while now. The vents were always closed anyway, but when we had that hot weather I had them open, this was when the alarm problem started. I've found that I can leave the centre vents open, its the one on the drivers side which seems to trigger it, as the sensor is above the seat belt on the drivers side. Might be worth a try!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No such sensors on my old bus I'm afraid! I had heard of that fault before, something to do with the change in air pressure? Mine's a bog standard 'touch the wrong thing and I'll go off' alarm, except no-one needs to touch it anymore!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
got to be wiring somewhere.

think volumetric protection was an option on most - think the vi came as standard but could be wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts