MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, thanks for the lates600.com plug for getting the key fob and imobaliser sorted. They are very helpful and well recomended.

Firstly this is about a P reg 216 conv that had a blown engine (headgasket/piston) and no keys.

We have fitted the new engine and had keys sorted with the imobiliser sorted by lates.

The problem is no spark.

Coil, leads, plugs, dizzy, cap, rota are all good.

I can not get a voltage reading from either of the wires connected to the coil pack in any position of ignition inc when turning over.

The key fob works and locks and un locks the doors. It also turns out the red light on the clocks.

The engine turns over.

I was wondering where the crank trigger is? and weather this could be the cause if not do i need to look at the imobiliser a bit deeper?

Am going to continue through the electrics and see what else i can find. All fuses are ok.

Any thoughts?

Regards Andy

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Evening Andy,
Thanks for the praise.. Is the replcement engine the same age as the engine you removed ? Cannot recall off the top of my head but some flywheels are different causing crank sensor to throw a wobbly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one Lates does it again.

It worked!! The new engine was out of a later shape 216. The only difference being the crank sensor had two didgets different on the part number so i swapped it.

However when i reconected the sensor and coil i noticed the blue and black conectors will fit each item and something told me the black one should be on the coil and not on the crank sensor. I think this was the fault...

Now running and should soon be out on the road.

Thanks Guys

Will keep you posted.

Regards Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts