MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
216 coupe :Now on ebay with pics:

Ive got an m reg 216 coupe for sale very soon.

Its in tahiti blue with very good bodywork apart from one very small ding in rear quarter panel and slight bubbling on front drivers side arch and obviously the spoiler. Bumper rubbing strips have been colour coded along with the crome meshed grill. Wheels have been replaced with turbo alloys and have a set of brand new eagle f1s all round. Car also has a powerflow back box, k&n induction kit, cd player, silver wood strip and heater knob surround. The car has got 120 k's on the clock but engine was replaced a month ago and new engine only has around 78000. Pics will follow shortly and I will be looking for around:

£1000 ono

sam

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really want a turbo!!!!! Sean got his fdh yesterday and i just have to have one :)

Did your car make it to cornwall?

sam

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
sam w said:
I really want a turbo!!!!! Sean got his fdh yesterday and i just have to have one :)

Did your car make it to cornwall?

sam

Ha ha yeah just about :eyes: wouldnt start a couple of times once it stopped but it just about made it.....

You gonna be able to insure a turbo....... what does FDH mean anyway? lol i was wondering :iwstupid:

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
FDH coupe's are a group of cars that have the plate N*** FDH, they're commonly known as the ones that went to Japan and then came back. Registered around 1998 and are usually low milers, full leather and Air con and sometimes have a square rear number plate.
Steve

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What steve said. His is a minter 32k's on the clock, full leather, aircon. You can have the n***fdh plates swapped for a plate that shows the correct year the car was registered on the road. Deaney when you drove out of the pub car park the other day your exaust was pissing water and blue smoke out the back!! You might wanna get that engine swap done very soon lol

sam

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
oh yeah! lol its because not only had i ragged the shiz outta it before i met you but it hadnt stopped running all day.. then when it was left running outside that pub.. lol... told you the cat was gones etc.. I seen the puff of smoke and i knew it couldnt be a good thing ;)

The exhaust is popping like mad from the down pipe because the seal has gone on the cat... my new one will be here soon.

As for a new engine.................... GWTaylor says his was thrown in the bin.. so... im waiting for my student loan to come through then i might sell my coupe and just invest in something new or a VVC coupe.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
3,848 Posts
deaney said:
oh yeah! lol its because not only had i ragged the shiz outta it before i met you but it hadnt stopped running all day.. then when it was left running outside that pub.. lol... told you the cat was gones etc.. I seen the puff of smoke and i knew it couldnt be a good thing ;)

The exhaust is popping like mad from the down pipe because the seal has gone on the cat... my new one will be here soon.

As for a new engine.................... GWTaylor says his was thrown in the bin.. so... im waiting for my student loan to come through then i might sell my coupe and just invest in something new or a VVC coupe.
Take ya leather back out and sell it to me ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deaney said:

Or you could buy mine??? Im after a vvc now. Im going to be patient and wait till I have a bit more experience then go for a turbo.

SOMEONE BUY MY CAR

sam

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
:lol: your really going for it aswell........... good on ya! let me know how it goes..

Ive just sparyed up some parts on mine.. looks back to normal again now, got my rotary coupler fixed and the horns working :)

So i think ill keep it and wait to see if my Student loan comes in.. then do an engine swap.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
can't believe that your engine blew up and you put another single cam 1.6 in :( would have been ideal to shove in a dohc d16, ahhh well

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know. I even had plans to put a dohc engine before the big end went!!

But when it happened I had another sohc engine sitting in my old car and wanted to get back on the road as quick as poss so I fitted this.

WHY HAVE NONE OF YOU BIDDED YET :_poke: :cus: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts