MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
216 Coupe Immobiliser Problem- PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered already, but I've been searching for the last hour and not come up with a solution.

I have a 1995 "M" 216 Coupe, but the key-fob (which was working perfectly until this morning) will now not open the car. Central locking is fine, as both doors open OK on key, but of course immobiliser fails to de-activate by doing this.

The alarm LED, so thus the alarm (?) is functioning correctly as well.

I have replaced the battery in the fob, although it has only been in a couple of weeks, and discharged the fob by pressing the keys for 5 seconds before inserting new battery, but all to no avail.

Please help!!!

·
Registered
mg_zt
1,099 Posts
theres a few methods, mine is to remove the battery from the fob and press both buttons several times, disconnect the car battery, put the fob battery back in and reconnect the car battery - as soon as the car battery is connected push the lock or unlock (if one doesnt work try the other) button 4 or so times.

Also make sure that the car battery is healthy, if its not, the cold weather will have made it weak so try charging or changing it to test it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts