MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just venting my spleen, really.

I've just about had a gutfull of this completely crappy system. Yesterday I put a new battery in the keyfob as it had been struggling a bit recently. I've done this several times since I've owned the car and without any bother at all. Despite faithfully following the procedures, what happened? The car refused to lock with the remote, when I did unlock it using the key the alarm went ape, the car would not de-immobilise, re-settting the key code didn't do the trick and the central locking wouldn't work either.

This has happened before, five times in fact. The car has now been trailered away to a garage who will hopefully be able to sort it, if not it will have to find its way to an ex-Rover dealer for them to fix. At the moment I don't really care if I never see the sod again. Such small but crippling things can really put you off a car. If and when I get it back, it's days are numbered, and I'll be looking for another car. I've been thinking about a ZR or ZS but 'er indoors has now vetoed any MGR product, and I'm beginning to agree with her.

·
Registered
63 Posts
battery

i have had problems with mine too.
all i did was take the batterey out again press the fob buttons to expel any remaining charge.
clean the inside of fob, (baby wipe or similar) leave to completely dry
put the battery back in go to drivers side an just pressed lock a few times and open a few times.
seems to have sorted its self out now migt not work for you but it cost nothing to try.

i must admit it is really annoying that the immobiliser sets on its own.

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts