MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 214 si , aint had it long already ahd a new head gasket , thinkin of convertin to diesel. two reasons A the silly price of pretrol and b my 214 is rusty in some very nasty places. what power difference would i notice between my 214si and a 220sdi

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
ok, roughly speaking power figure wise there isnt a great deal of difference.

however, in gear acceleration is by far better in the derv. you wont be changing down gears etc to overtake or cause you are going up a hill. you dont notcie acceleratrion in a diesel as much as a petrol but when you glance down at the speedo you wil realise that they are still rapid. get it chipped/remapped and youl be laughing.

another point is that cause the front end is a lot heavier than ure current 214 handlig will not be as spritely, they tend to understeer a touch more.

ricc :)

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
ricc said:
ok, roughly speaking power figure wise there isnt a great deal of difference.

however, in gear acceleration is by far better in the derv. you wont be changing down gears etc to overtake or cause you are going up a hill. you dont notcie acceleratrion in a diesel as much as a petrol but when you glance down at the speedo you wil realise that they are still rapid. get it chipped/remapped and youl be laughing.

another point is that cause the front end is a lot heavier than ure current 214 handlig will not be as spritely, they tend to understeer a touch more.

ricc :)
Can only echo what ric has said, If you get to test drive a SDI, do they following:

Cruise steadily at 30-40 in fifth gear, drop down to 3rd and boot it. You will feel the acceleration, and a rather large smile will appear across your face. You will not be able to remove said smile for ages!!!

If you are anywhere near peterborough, you are more than welcome to 'test' mine (its a R25tdi, but same difference really).

Have fun.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
ricc said:
you in peterborough skelo? im in northampton... not a million miles away.
Peterborough here, might have to meet up one day.

You've got a good memory!!

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
ricc said:
hahaha divvy.

do you work? your always here....
I work 5 days out of 7, With some days off during the week, but my PC is always switched on. So it will always show me logged in.

Currently off for a few days, while doing my Class 1 HGV training.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
so youl be driving round in a mahoosive truck/artic at some point soon? blimey......

i work 7 days a week, but still find time to do nothing and sit on here.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
ricc said:
so youl be driving round in a mahoosive truck/artic at some point soon? blimey......

i work 7 days a week, but still find time to do nothing and sit on here.
Whats your MSN fella?

Mine is [email protected].

I'm going out now,won't be back till teatime.

Cheers
Skelo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts