MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Can anyone help? I've got a 1997 214s with a slight problem with the alarm.
When I've set the alarm with the key fob the lights don't flash and I am still able to open the boot without seting of the alarm, however if I open either door the alarm is set off.
I've checked the boot for any loose wires and found nothing yet, I thought it might be something to do with the cantral locking system as a dealer said it should be fitted unfortunately someone forgot to install the motors

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
The 2 are connected. No flashing lights means one of the doors/boot/bonnet switches is open. Check the wires as suggested. If not then make sure your boot light goes off when you shut the boot. Is your boot open light illuminated on the dash?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rechecked the wiring found that the contact in the lock was bent, the bulb had blown which I've changed and have now managed to get the alarm working when I open the boot with it turned on, still hav'nt got any flashing lights though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
previous owner said that he always had a problem with the alarm but could'nt be bothered to sort it out as it worked on the doors, I just assumed that as it was mentioned in the handbook the lights were meant to flash

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
your car sounds like mine mate, mine is remote locking and immobiliser but the indicator lights dont flash, its 214 1996 N bubble. The manual says they should flash but they dont as its the older type alarm.Your boot should set the alarm off though. Does the 'boot open warning light' in your dash light up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts