MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Getting a 214 in November, I know it's far away lol. How much would I need to spend on a decent sound system? Not the best but quite a bit of bass. Are there speakers I can just put where the old ones were without no mods? I need speakers, a sub and an amp. How much would all this cost and with fitting at Halfords lol ( rough estimate please )

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
160 Posts
alrite m8, to get a decent sound system your looking at around 70 quid on a set of decent componetnts for the front doors. some 6x9 anything from 20 - 100 quid then a decent sub and amp deal for about 150 quid. btw halfords charge 60 for sub n amp fits. i would do it myself though so easy me nan could do it.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
The usual upgrade route if you have a decent headunit is this:
1. Sub and amplifier - 2nd hand £50 up. New £100 upwards
2. Front speakers - New £40 upwards
3. Amplifier for front speakers (often done together with no.2. above). New £70 upwards
The rear speakers don't do a lot so you can leave them as they are.

There are lots better places than halfords for the kit, however I do like to listen to stuff before I buy it so halfrauds is good for trying stuff out before you buy it elsewhere!
www.caraudiodirect.co.uk come recommended by me, and the stuff is easy enough to fit yourself if you want to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts