MG-Rover.org Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right people, I have decided to get rid of my everyday car, its has been until now a very good reliable motor, I was about to sell it as I now have a bubble 400 to replace it with, but the problem with it is that it has decided to boil up several times pressurising the cooling system, i believe that there is a crack in the head, so it would require a new cylinder head to sort it out.

I recently replaced the head gasket as it had perished the sealant from the water jacket to the outside of the block onto the exhaust manifold, i checked the head and block surfaces for distortion/warping but all seamed fine so I just stuck a gasket on and it was fine, until tonight :(

As it will most likely require a new head, and with the tax expiring this month and the MOT next month, I have decide to let it go as it would cost me too much to sort it out just to sell it on. I have looked after the car quite well with replacing various parts lately so it would be fine for the MOT, I replaced the rear trailing arm bushes afew months back along with fitting some motobuild 'uprated' springs, there were afew rust spots and stone chips on the bonnet so while doing these I decided to de-badge the bonnet :) various other new parts like headlamp, battery and alternator (bout 5 months ago) brakes, and general service items.

its Rover 214 Si (16v)
K reg
5 door
108k miles
blue/grey
grey cloth trim (very clean)
I'm the second owner from new

The alloys on the car in the pictures do NOT come with the car, as I will be selling these separate as both wheels and tyres are brand new, I will be fitting the original steels which have very good tyres on them, I also have afew spares that will come with the car as I wont need them, so if you just want to stick another head on or have it for spares its a bargain, but it must go soon as taking up drive space.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give us the £5 and you can have the complete car, I would like to break it as I would get alot for it but it needs to go asap because of time and sapce at the momment :sad3:

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
When can I collect it?

I'll bring a set of steelies to take it away on.

Have trailer, will travel! Cheers geeza76

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.