MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected a smashed 214 SEi on Sunday in readiness for an engine for my next project - known as "Project 400 - Reloaded"

Nice car, too - a genuine 38,000 miler with history to prove...

Shame, it's a clean and tidy, well cared for example...but bodywork is expensive to fix...

Genuine mileage ^ proved with service history and MOT certificates

What a shame ^

One clean engine....cleaner on the cam carrier ^ than some new engines of today!

Meduim frontal hit.....wouldn't be a huge job to repair, but I don't have the skills or facilities.....
http://www.rovercarhospital.co.uk/images/sei.jpg

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEY! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

/edit - I'm collecting another SEi this weekend aswell :err:

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
He was the bellboy in Home Alone 2 :)

But he's been in most of Adam Sadlers films in one form or another and has done a few of his own... like The Hot Chick and The Animal...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
He's in Home Alone 2, yeah, but a lot of people confuse him with "Marv".
That is a picture of Rob Schneider - and he plays the bellboy/porter/whatever you wanna call him.
</off topic>
<on topic>
looks like that would have been a really nice car if it wasn't for the smash! a shame indeed!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
he was in Big Daddy too as a latvian delivery guy
"I'll come over there and give you a crew cut mister" :lol:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
SEi

Sad end for the car (not going to you but getting smashed!) I can still remember the advert them with the SEi inexplicibly on top of the Needles I.O.W - or somewhere very similar looking

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Major, if the car still runs, why dont you do some frontal crash test with it before you strip it down? :) It's a lot of fun, I swear! :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
This is the same as my SEi, except I don't have the modded front wing! I think the SEi is the best of the wedges, I'll be gutted if I have to give-up my 108,000'er!

Don't know if it'll last after my tinkering with the head (two center pots are too low in comp. compared to the other two).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts