MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
just got a 214 SLi
starts and runs ok but has no power especially going up hills.
It is not the clutch slipping.
There is also a fairly loud whooshing noise coming from the back of the car under load.In neutral it doesn't do it.
Thinking it may be a fuel related problem.
Any ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
the only real sound that could come from the rear of the car is the fuel pump. i dont know if the pump is at the rear of the tank, but if it is, then you may have crud in your tank that is blocking the flow of fuel through the pump when the tank is on an angle, that would be the first thing i looked into, then if the pump had come loose ect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nakamichi said:
hi there
just got a 214 SLi
starts and runs ok but has no power especially going up hills.
It is not the clutch slipping.
There is also a fairly loud whooshing noise coming from the back of the car under load.In neutral it doesn't do it.
Thinking it may be a fuel related problem.
Any ideas?
thanks
for those interested,a mechanic changed rotor arm,dizzy cap and found the catalytic convertor had fallen apart.Seems to go much better now but stalls intermittently.I just think the car,like all british cars I have had,is a pile of crap and will be flogging it on to some poor mug at the first opportunity.
no wonder Rover went belly up.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
now now clam down :)

maybe you need to know a bit more about cars and then you wouldn't buy ones that are faulty in the first place, did you test drive it before you parted with your cash???
if you did then why did you still buy it, if it runs like you say?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts