MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
It will have a 48mm throttle body. if you can find a zr160/tf160 they both have the 52mm throttle body and that will increase throttle response :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
As you know FSO produced Polonez with rover 1.4 kseries engine. I think that it have 52 mm throttle body. Is it possible?
You use this part when tunning, and we have it in standard. Am I wrong or not.

Where could I measure that value (48-52mm)

Regards
Senn

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
Senn, you would measure it on the inside of the throttle body, the internal diameter, but they weren't making the 52mm throttle body at that time, it will be 48mm

andy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hmm, my car was manufactured in '97 but the engine is the same as putted into Polonez '94 We also have metal collector like in Rover Metro. When they start production of 52mm throttle bodies?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
did they??? i thought that was the whole down fall of the 48mm was that it wasnt alloy!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
everyday is a school day. Now where can i get a school girl outfit for fiona hmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
80 Posts
I heared that it might be a T series throttle body but thought its untruth
FSO is a perfect manufacturer to make a hybrids :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks like the same TB that was on my Metro GTi, in which case i believe its a 56mm one very similar to the T series one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
AndBurG said:
you heard right then :) now get a VVC dropped in for fome RWD fun :D
That is my dream :), but they are very expensive. Prices of VVC are quite the same as in UK, but our wages are not the same :) I'm looking for 1.8 non VVC engine becouse of its great torque 160Nm at 2750 rpm. Is it possible to deactivate immo from 1.8 ECU in UK and how much it cost?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
AndBurG said:
the 52mm throttle body was used before 99/2000 i believe
Nope, it came in with the MGF Trophy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts