MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody! Can anybody help me?
I have Rover 200 SDi, 99
At the some time have a problem with alarm. All the day remote contol can lock and unlock doors/imobiliser if I drive. But at the morning (or more then 5 hours after using) remote contol can't unlock doors/imobiliser. I can unlock doors by key, but can't imobiliser. If I reconnect the battery it start work again.
What problems? Where is the alarm?
On remote - VALEO, not infrared.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Anybody are there?
Can anybody help me?
Did anybody saw the alarm? did not run past?
You'll be waiting for a long time for a reply mate, NOBODY likes to help out in regards to these type of problems.

Whether it is through lack of knowledge, or unwillingness to help in these matters, i am not sure.

I had a alarm problem, which i posted about recently. None of the usual respondants answered the question, i had one reply which was unfortunately not correct. Full marks to the person who tried to help me tho :broon:

It might just be the battery in the fob playing up, might be worth a try of replacing the battery in the key fob.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
The battery is the normal culprit.

Does the car start ok once you reconnected the battery?

Check to make sure that all the earth's are ok. The entire elctrical system can play havok if not earthed properyly. I don't know where they all are but someone else should.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the earth

The battery is the normal culprit.

Does the car start ok once you reconnected the battery?

Check to make sure that all the earth's are ok. The entire elctrical system can play havok if not earthed properyly. I don't know where they all are but someone else should.
I think so. But where is the alarm?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi!

It is not the battery in the key fob. But if I replace it (old, not new) it start work too.
But it last time I'dreplased some for rsult :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts