MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody :),
Just bought a rover 200 is ,R reg with 44,000 on clock suspect might have been clocked now but its in great condition and drives good so seems ok, Just have a couple of questions firstly what sort of checks do i need to be doing regularly to keep everything hopefully trouble free,
secondly im taking it to a garage for a check over and service soon is there any problems that are common with this particular model so i know in advance, Any help appreciated.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Vinnie-c said:
Hi everybody :),
Just bought a rover 200 is ,R reg with 44,000 on clock suspect might have been clocked now but its in great condition and drives good so seems ok, Just have a couple of questions firstly what sort of checks do i need to be doing regularly to keep everything hopefully trouble free,
secondly im taking it to a garage for a check over and service soon is there any problems that are common with this particular model so i know in advance, Any help appreciated.
thanks in advance
The K-Series, if abused, will blow the head gasket, so you need to make sure the coolant level is correct and the coolant is 50/50 anti-freeze to water.

You need to be checking the coolant weekly, and also checking underneath the oil filler cap at the same time looking for any white sludge (what we call mayo, cos it looks like, err, mayo).

Apart from that, there's little to go wrong with the cars, the clock will break but that's a two minute replacement, the trim around pops off, two screws hold the clock in place as I recall, and it's a quick swap, cheap too.

Other than these problems, it'll be general wear and tear, brake pads, discs, tyres, exhaust, suspension bushes, shocks, springs etc.

If the car isn't looked after, you'll get all sorts of little niggles, but the 200 is a surprisingly reliable and versatile little car and if looked after is capable of at least another 100,000 miles in your case (assuming the car hasn't been clocked).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts