MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Go on then David.....

Ask the seller a question along the lines of..... "The MGTF 160 is called a '160' for a reason, so what has be done to make yours a MGTF 200?"
"200 BHP chip,"

As it says on the advert.

So what chip gives an extra 40 BHP? And where do I get one? ;)

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've asked the seller to explain it in very simple terms because I don't know much about cars?? (Well I don't!!) And just seen my post count and had to post another 1 just to move of 666.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
"200 BHP chip,"

As it says on the advert.

So what chip gives an extra 40 BHP? And where do I get one? ;)
No..... you're getting it all wrong!

The car is a 160, it just comes with a chip that has 200BHP...... its in the glovebox....... came from one of those 'special' ebay auctions.... :happy:

I am of course talking complete tosh... and I will be interested to know what the chip does..... and if he has had it measured at 200bhp... sounds like a very round number to me to be true!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
One nice lady owner......who likes to get her car modded for more power and rag the beans out of it.
40 BHP chip indeed....I'll bet my boots that's utter tripe.:daft:

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I've just posted this to the seller:
Hi, could you ask the nice lady owner what exactly has been done to this car to push it to 200 BHP?
It must be extensive as it requires a fair but of tuning to get the VVC engine to 200 BHP without problems.
Has it had any uprated internals to cope with the extra power?

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I saw a lot of cars out there when I was looking recently that were being "sold on behalf of a friend". Is this just a way for a trader to get out of having to offer 3 months warranty and the usual rights?

·
Registered
mg_zt
1,311 Posts
I think its more to avoid having to answer any questions on it.

Its not impossible though, I've sold cars on behalf of my dad before as he's a technophobe

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
99 ron fuel innit ;)

Whoever buys the car, we should invite along to the rolling road day, then laugh as they try to get their money back :rofl:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.