MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after waiting since August last year, my dealer fitted one of the 2005 VDO Dayton MP3 players to my 2004 ZT to replace under warranty the awful IOVOX M3-100 HU.

The only bad news is (as it was a 'line pinch') is that it didn't come with the correct cage or dash trim piece or handbook supplment (but that will all be sorted at the 30K service next week).

The good news is:
1. it looks much better in the flesh in the dash than the pics on the MGR website
2. it 'feel's better, much higher quality than the IOVOX unit, the faceplate (as it is fixed) doesn't move when you press buttons and the buttons have a nice damped feel to them.
3. it all works properly including the telephone mute and it doesn't crackle/pop/skip tracks/freeze/lose radio stations/need the code keying in 2 or 3 times a day like the IOVOX units did
4. it sounds better, clearer highs, better bass, mid range I would say is the same but I have the HK upgrade so I can't vouch for how it sounds in its own
5. I can hear the sub in the boot at much lower volumes now
6. the HU is WMA compatible as well as MP3
7. the CD magazine in the boot was changed at the same time and the really good news is that the magazine is also MP3 and WMA compatible - with 1 CD in the HU and 6 in the magazine I can have well over 700 tracks loaded to
select from :cloud9:

Nice one MGR, I'm a happy bunny again!

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
terrymac said:
7. the CD magazine in the boot was changed at the same time and the really good news is that the magazine is also MP3 and WMA compatible - with 1 CD in the HU and 6 in the magazine I can have well over 700 tracks loaded to
select from :cloud9:

Excellent :) Shame it looks like something out of the 80s though! ;)

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
lol! ;)

The main problem I have is that it doesn't suit the status of the 75 / ZT, it just shouts 'penny pinching'. Even more so when you can plainly see that its a 2DIN slot...

Hopefully they'll get their act together and replace it with a decent 2DIN unit ASAP...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will do but I don't have a digi cam and the one I'll borrow is only 2.2 mpixel so the quality won't be great

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SteveChilds said:
lol! ;)

The main problem I have is that it doesn't suit the status of the 75 / ZT, it just shouts 'penny pinching'. Even more so when you can plainly see that its a 2DIN slot...

Hopefully they'll get their act together and replace it with a decent 2DIN unit ASAP...
Can't disagree about the 2-DIN slot Steve - hopefully this will come right with time/sales/SAIC funds

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RichK said:
Any chance of a photo of it in place there Terry ?
Just tried the camera, left it too late in the day as the flash is too bright and without you can't see it the unit.

I'll try again in full daylight - if you want the (poor) pics I've got PM me and I'll mail them to you rather than take up Steve's webspace with naff pics

Forgot to mention, the radio keys are lit as soon as the unit is powered up, just the actual display dims when you turn on the cars sidelights.

The keys are quite bright when lit which is why I think it doesn't look that good in a photo (or I'm just a cr*p photographer of course! :lol: )

cheers

Terry

G

·
i saw some in the dealers the other day. Look **** in the 75/ZT but excellent in the other models. The Sony units in the CR look awful

1 - 9 of 9 Posts