MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when my ZT190 is stood water drips from two breather pipes located ubder the car (just level with the front doors).
I thought at first this was condensation from the aircon but it is more than a drip. A puddle 8 inch round can develop in a few minutes. These pipes are obviously there for a reason and doing there job, just curious as to what they are for? Is it a run off for rain water from the bonnet gulleys?
Picture attached.

Thanks & Regards,

CAB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
That pipe with a large drip emanating from it is the air con evaporator drain tube.....suprisingly enough!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
its not uncommon for water to pour out of those tubes, mercs are especially prone to leaving puddles under them after being sat still for a while with the aircon going.

its really surprising to see how much water gets chucked out on a humid day.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
we get one a day show in reception.

'my cars leaking water!'

closely followed by

'it smells when i use the aircon!'

as some people ignore the advice of using it all year round. nice case of legionners for you sir?

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Ah...you can't get Legionairres disease from an automotive a/c system - you only get it from water cooled inductrial applications, but many workshops use this false info to sell a/c service work.........

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Indeed it is the aircon as cold air cannot support so much water vapour as warm air. Surprising amount eh?

Remember ailing the concenrs of a German Passat Driver in Salisbury when he stopped his car, only to see this puddle on a blistering hot day. His English was like my German, but by pointing at the A/C button and the sun, and shaking my head when pointing at the rad he got the message!

CAM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts