MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a plea to all you Rover enthusiasts, my beloved racing green 25 ixl needs to go (according to my other half), rather than give the scrapyard the satisfaction I would prefer to offer it (for a small fee) to someone who sees the car for its beauty. As you can tell I am reluctant to let it go. I have owned the car for 9 years and I would have the same again if they were still produced. At 17 years old it has served me well. It has no leaks, runs well, but now the exhaust as developed a hole, other half believes it time for it to go. It is currently mot’d until October, taxed and drivable. It was only this weekend that stopped using it in order to not make it worse. Now that the other half has an impending new car we need the space for parking! I would rather see the car go whole rather in pieces. Does anyone have the space and time for a exhaust repair to get it back on the road? Send me a message and I'll happily send photos. Thanks for listening

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Seem's a waste to get rid of it for the sake of £100 new section at the local garage?

Just get it fixed if you love it so much?

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
97k for a 17 year old car is below average. MOT is king with a 'banger' so if the car has 8 months left then it is sellable.

·
Registered
rover_45
4 Posts
This is a plea to all you Rover enthusiasts, my beloved racing green 25 ixl needs to go (according to my other half), rather than give the scrapyard the satisfaction I would prefer to offer it (for a small fee) to someone who sees the car for its beauty. As you can tell I am reluctant to let it go. I have owned the car for 9 years and I would have the same again if they were still produced. At 17 years old it has served me well. It has no leaks, runs well, but now the exhaust as developed a hole, other half believes it time for it to go. It is currently mot’d until October, taxed and drivable. It was only this weekend that stopped using it in order to not make it worse. Now that the other half has an impending new car we need the space for parking! I would rather see the car go whole rather in pieces. Does anyone have the space and time for a exhaust repair to get it back on the road? Send me a message and I'll happily send photos. Thanks for listening
HI.
Could you please send photos....and info on mileage ect.
Regards.
Tony.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts