MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know how much the michelin pilot sport tyres will set me back each they are:

205/45/17''

recently purchased the wheels and need new tyres.
would like to have these as they are the original tyres for the wheels.

regards Alex.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Ive looked on www.tyre4u.com, www.blackcircles.com and www.mytyres.co.uk.

The latter website was the only one display michelins in your size. They are not the exact match, but close.

Pilot EXALTO PE2 in your size £133.40 Each.

One thing to consider, MG/Rover use a variety of brands - Ive seen michelins, dunlops and continentals all fitted to their 17" Alloys.

The cheapest tyre in you fitment is about £50, although personally i'd go for a reputable brand like goodyear, michelin etc rather than wazzuk!!!

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
When I had my tyres replaced it was a toss-up between Michelin Pilot Sports and Goodyear Eagle F1s, I was quoted £420 for the Eagles from Hi-Q, and £460 for the Pilots, so you are looking at about £115 each. Needless to say I went for the Eagles because they were £10 cheaper each and, although I thought the Pilot was an excellent tyre, IMHO the Eagle is even better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys at least that gives me a little bit more knowledge and a estimate of the prices!

next thing to do is to get them a.s.a.p think the two front ones bauld and not really wanting 6 points and a fine!

Regards Alex.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
More importantly you don't want to kill yourself! :irked: I had sh!t tyres on my car, the front ones were bald within 3000 miles, and as a result I almost pranged my car THREE TIMES in the run-up to getting the Eagles fitted, each time due to some @rseh0le making me slam on my brakes, only for me to keep going and miss each of them literally by inches. The Eagle F1s were easily the best money I have spent on my car :bgrin:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I wouldn't fit Michelins tbh. They were the original tyres on the ZR, but have been replaced by several other brands in the mean time. I think Continental Sport Contact II is whats being fitted at the moment. A much better tyre and less expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.