MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm posting this on behalf of a friend. He has a bubble shape Rover 200 Vi. Recently he's having a problem with it, as when he's driving it and pulls up to a set of lights it holds the revs at 1500rpm. It only does it when it's warm, and it is interemittent. The stepper motor has been replaced, and it has been put on a diagnostic machine but come up with no faults. He has also changed the oil temp switch on the VVC mechanism. Does anyone have any idea's for him to try?
Also, not sure if it related to the same fault or not, but the car hesitates when he puts his foot down sometimes. Not badly, but the pick up is not there right away like it should be.
Any help is much appreiciated!

Kris :spanner:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we did think this already, but his fans and everything work ok, and this normally brings a fault code up, but it didn't. I'll pass it on to him though. Thank you.

Kris

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, alloy one. I'm beginning to think it's an air leak or something on the inlet manifold side, but the VVC's were not common for this i don't think. Any other suggestions? He's coming in this afternoon, so i'll have a look over it when it gets here.

Kris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts