MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just taken my driver door card off my mk3 200 to fit a speaker and thought I had put it back correctly but theres a gap where the door lock goes in and it is looser than the passenger side.
Ive put all the screws back in but Ive obvioulsy done something wrong!
Please help cus its started to rattle now!
Matt

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
mattie007 said:
Ive just taken my driver door card off my mk3 200 to fit a speaker and thought I had put it back correctly but theres a gap where the door lock goes in and it is looser than the passenger side.
Ive put all the screws back in but Ive obvioulsy done something wrong!
Please help cus its started to rattle now!
Matt
Make sure you push the door card firmly on. There are clips also holding the door card to the door. There is also a screw that goes into the side of the door card where the lock is.

If the rattling is a tinny metallic sound then it is likely that the door pin is rattling. There should be a piece of rubber between the door and door pin arm. If that's been knocked off then it will rattle.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trim is still loose!

Ive spent 2 days on it and even went to my local MGR dealer who didnt want to know!

It fits ok apart from the part near the door push lock. Its not flush like the rest of it and sticks about about 40mm.

The only thing i can think of is that there is a screw halfway down the door with a blue plastic bit on the other side. Does this have to be in a correct position?
Help, please, cus I dont wana waste anymore time on this!!

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
mattie007 said:
The trim is still loose!

Ive spent 2 days on it and even went to my local MGR dealer who didnt want to know!

It fits ok apart from the part near the door push lock. Its not flush like the rest of it and sticks about about 40mm.

The only thing i can think of is that there is a screw halfway down the door with a blue plastic bit on the other side. Does this have to be in a correct position?
Help, please, cus I dont wana waste anymore time on this!!

Cheers
Matt
Yes that blue plastic thing is one of the clips. It MUST go into the hole in the door panel and click.

They usually all just pop in once you get the top bit aligned. I've had mine off 3 times and it always goes back on fine.

Make sure you haven't mushroomed the end of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It sounds like you havn't got the top section hooked over the door top.

It is fiddly getting the door card back on correctly, remove the door card and start again.

remove the inner triangle around the mirror with the tweeter in it.

starting at the front edge, hook the door card over the door top, then work backwards towards the lock pin. then clip and screw the rest into place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.