MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With mine included, I noticed several 200 bubble cars the other day have those tiny blind-spot mirrors stuck onto their existing wing mirrors as well. (mmm.. classy!) :)

I was just wondering if anyone else is gifted in the tall department and finds they can't adjust their eleccy mirrors to eliminate their blind spot correctly? My electric mirrors don't seem to pan out any further???

For all you tall 200 drivers out there, is this a problem you also experience or are my mirrors broken haha?

I'm up and down the motorway most days and without my little addon blind-spot thingy- I've lost count of the times I could have put rover's crash rating to the test. At 70mph or over, with the muppets that drive on the mways today- I think it's dangerous to keep doing an over the shoulder check...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Ah! blind spot mirrors or 'frogeyes' I have them on my 200, and have had them fitted to other vehicles previously, a godsend for entering motorway down the slip road to judge traffic flow, and to calculate other cars that are to be approaching from theirs. bear in mind the original 200 mirrors, sometimes called shrek ears, were designed for this specific model, and other designs of mirrors dont always look correct, Ive tried some. but thats only my own pipe and slippers opinion. :run!:

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
... bear in mind the original 200 mirrors, sometimes called shrek ears, were designed for this specific model, and other designs of mirrors dont always look correct...
Admittedly, when I put on my ZR mirrors on my 200 and stood back to have a look at my work, I did think, "I wish I had the old ones back". The OE mirrors I think make the car look much nicer. The ZR mirrors do let me see loads more but I think for a 200, you need a body kit or something chunky on your car to set them off more. I have grown use to them now but still prefer the look of the old ones so unless you can get replacement mirrors cheap instead fo £40 for one off ebay, then do it. Otherwise, just get the little blind spot mirrors to keep it looking nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts