MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly,
Just noticed today that there is a strange white powdery substance on the hose that leads away from the coolant tank. Could it just be coolant mixture that has escaped and condensed to powder? Or something more serious?

And my other concern is the way i have positioned the air filter. I did previously have it direclty on the throttle body, but after being concerend with warm air entering the TB i decided to move it. As you can see it rests on the open air box, which i thought my act as a secondary air feed to the hose running from the front grill. Is there anything i could do to raise the filter so it is not resting on the air box...? Is the positioning of the air feed tube too close to the filter? Should i get another tube that runs directly from the air box vent to the air filter as another direct air feed?

·
Registered
17,823 Posts
Naj said:
Firstly,
Just noticed today that there is a strange white powdery substance on the hose that leads away from the coolant tank. Could it just be coolant mixture that has escaped and condensed to powder? Or something more serious?

And my other concern is the way i have positioned the air filter. I did previously have it direclty on the throttle body, but after being concerend with warm air entering the TB i decided to move it. As you can see it rests on the open air box, which i thought my act as a secondary air feed to the hose running from the front grill. Is there anything i could do to raise the filter so it is not resting on the air box...? Is the positioning of the air feed tube too close to the filter? Should i get another tube that runs directly from the air box vent to the air filter as another direct air feed?

Coolant leak actually has a technical bulletin on it.

If you have a Rave CD look for it CDS Ref R8010bu

·
Registered
17,823 Posts
Naj said:
Rave CD...?
Ah, OK.

They are Rover technical information CDs.

You get them from the dealer.

They are not cheap (£50).

But include the workshop manuals, Overhaul manuals, electrical manuals, etc & the technical bulletins.

anyway, basically this bulletin is saying you do not put a jubilee clip on this pipe, they are known to fail, and there is an alternative as a replacement.

Part number is GRH 1508 for the replacement hose, and the joint should look like it has a metal cap over the rubber.

·
Registered
580 Posts
cjmillsnun said:
Ah, OK.

They are Rover technical information CDs.

You get them from the dealer.

They are not cheap (£50).

But include the workshop manuals, Overhaul manuals, electrical manuals, etc & the technical bulletins.

anyway, basically this bulletin is saying you do not put a jubilee clip on this pipe, they are known to fail, and there is an alternative as a replacement.

Part number is GRH 1508 for the replacement hose, and the joint should look like it has a metal cap over the rubber.
interesting... any ideas why a jublilee clip cant be used? cant see why its any different to the other joins :S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.