MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 15 stone, my buddy is 15 stone - we went out in the VVC F last night and i was doing my best to kill us both. I don't know about you guys but I am SOOOO impressed how little difference to performance a 2nd heavy person makes. I've had many cars in my time and only the large engines seem to carry more weight without a performance loss - but a 1.8 - nice suprise that..

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
If you check the 0-60 tests of cars -not only the TF- with an extra passenger you will see that they are up by 2-4 secs depending on the vehicle!

Thus, the moral of the story is "get 'em while they are with company"

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hold on - are you saying that carrying more weight makes them quicker ? Now i'm not physics expert but surely that can't be right ?

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
scuzza said:
hold on - are you saying that carrying more weight makes them quicker ? Now i'm not physics expert but surely that can't be right ?
Nope, he's saying the 0-60 times increase with extra people in.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh right - well, maybe the car was just sweet last night but it felt as quick as i've ever driven it

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, but being able to reach the pedal is also an imprtant factor for forward movement - :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
scuzza said:
is it a vvc with mods ?
Yes it is. She has phoenix, ss 4-2-1 manifold, taipan, 52 mm t/b and magnecor leads. The difference is less noticable now after the manifold or might be psychological i am not sure.

G

·
Weird...my baby drives brilliantly when its just me or me and my 13 year old son...but I hate the way it drives when David is with me.....maybe its because he is a pretty big guy and I'm not so big...unequal distribution of weight!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Andie B said:
Weird...my baby drives brilliantly when its just me or me and my 13 year old son...but I hate the way it drives when David is with me.....maybe its because he is a pretty big guy and I'm not so big...unequal distribution of weight!
Maybe you should try and counteract this 'in-balance' with a bit of boot ballast

1 - 20 of 23 Posts