MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
W (99) plate, Wedgewood Blue loads of bits which I thought were only on the SE version
Dealers blurb...

4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, 80,048 miles, Metallic wedgewood blue, 5 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Electrically adjustable seats, Head restraints, Heated seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Radio/Cassette, Side airbags, Rear headrests, Anti theft system, CD Multichanger, Child locks, Climate Control, Cruise control, Electric sunroof, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Leather seats, Locking wheel nuts, Metallic paintwork, Navigation system, TV. Insurance Group:14

Is it worth it?
What are the auto boxes like?
What mpg?
Am I right in thinking the KV6 engine doesn't suffer from HGF?
Any reason not to get it?

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
and the price is?

Auto box (Jatco) is generally reliable but have been known to give trouble in isolated instances.

MPG - Mid 20's early 30's depending upon journey type

Isolated HGF issues have come to light, but are comparatively rare.

Aslong as the price is right, go for it!

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Certainly a lot of car for the money - can you afford to run it and factor in for some common repairs that will probably be required?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm wondering
Common repairs are they any different from normal running repairs?
Fuel consumption compared to my Vi is a bit bad
I get 35mpg (average)from the Vi, could I expect 25mpg from the V6??

·
Registered
97 Posts
i would expect 22 as an average. has it had it's big cam belt service ? its a big one at 90,000 miles but this may have already been done. if it has been done then this is a bargain.

Insurance is good and parts are only going to get cheaper now China has come on line. Its one of the reasons i bought my ZT. the cars are massively undervalued for what they offer and the maintenance is only going to get cheaper with parts coming in from China.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm assuming that as it's only done 80k then no the cambelt service hasn't been done
is it an expensive job??

·
Registered
870 Posts
err, just a bit! Expect anything up to £1000 for that service if you go through a dealer. It can be done a lot cheaper though if you find an independent to do it. A guy on here (lates600 i think) comes highly recommended by all accounts and does it for about half that (i think).

Don't expect more than 25mpg avg. for the auto though. There seems to be some variation between different cars, but the manual often only returns 25 - 27mpg even when driven sensibly (as mine used to). You will get some people claiming to regularly achieve mid thirties mpg with the kv6, but many more that don't!

·
Registered
870 Posts
As its a 99 plate, cambelt may have been done as its due at 6 years / 90000miles, so it depends if they've serviced it by the book.

Its had it fair share of owners as well hasn't it? wonder why that is...

·
Registered
52 Posts
To be honest, with all that kit on board and all those owners, without full main dealer service history and a word with a broker about its insurance history, I would walk away. Sadly, perhaps reluctantly. But walk away.
There are a lot of genuine 75s out there, one or two owner, full history...cared for. If you know it needs a cam belt change you can factor that into the price, if you have`nt a clue as to what might need doing, whats been done, when, etc etc then its a gamble.

Do a search for one with similar spec but with a full main dealer service history. Compare prices.......

Good luck !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts