MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howya lads,

Been offered a car through a contact. Its a 1999 Rover 400 with a 1.4L K-Series engine it has elec windows, remote central locking bla bla...........it also has 70K miles on the clock and the body is in top nick inside and out.

I know these cars have head gasket problems but heres the story this cars head gasket blew @ 70K miles and this mechanic bought it cheap and is fixin it up. He has told me he's fixing the head gasket with new bolts(the old ones are dodge) and the new designed gasket land rover with the orange plastic stuff which should fix the old head gasket issues . He's also replaced the water pump which he says is vital when doing this kinda of job. He has also done the timing belt and when finished will put in new oil and oil filter(he also said he'd put oil through it twice for some reason) plus other general service stuff.

The cars NCT is due but he's putting it through and it will therefore have a brand new NCT cert to prob 05/09 there is no tax but thats my problem.

Anyway the price i've been qouted is €1350.

Was meant to pick it up on Monday but it wasn't ready so I'll check with you guys to see what ya's think

What do you reckon go for it like the clappers or stay clear because it will break my heart?????????????????????????

·
Registered
207 Posts
thats not bad im selling a 98 one with 61k sounds similer to your one but the body has a few marks on it nothing bad and im asking 1200 so i think your doing ok at that money there not a bad littel car once the head is done right

1 - 4 of 4 Posts