MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just replaced the spherical suspension with kit from Mike Satur.
The car feels like a new car, well worth the trouble to replace it.
I am in Western Australia and it was an approved modification. I also replaced wheels and oversized brakes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have just replaced the spherical suspension with kit from Mike Satur.
The car feels like a new car, well worth the trouble to replace it.
I am in Western Australia and it was an approved modification. I also replaced wheels and oversized brakes.
Graeme, thanks for your encouraging post. I've got the kit waiting for the cold weather to go on the car. How was your experience of fitting the new parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Graeme, thanks for your encouraging post. I've got the kit waiting for the cold weather to go on the car. How was your experience of fitting the new parts?
Hi Tec
Removing the sprees was the easiest part of the job, using a ratchet powered spammer to remove the nuts at the top of the shocks was a help.
The other difficult job made easy with the right tools was removal of the old ball joints. I bought a tool for doing the job rather than belting the joint with a hammer to free the ball joint. My son does it effortlessly.
Another useful resource is the mg enthusiast magazine Feb 2018 and March 2018 along with a few calls to Mike Satur made the job less of a mystery to a non car mechanic.
While I did the job I changed foot oversize wheels and brakes.
I am very happy with end result, the car rides very well.
GR

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
962 Posts
I've installed Mike's FCCKit in both of our F's 3 years ago and we are very happy with the conversion. The only problem I had was that the front turrets would hit the top of the wheel well, which turned out to be caused by perished rubber in the subframes mounts. I replaced all the mounts with solid TF style mounts and all is well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts