MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah was planning on the whole x power green theme as the car already has an xpg pinstripe down it, thought it might be different to the normal red....anyone got pics to share so I can see the finished result?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've got a XPG ZS180 and my calipers are red all round
Did you take the calipers off to paint them Kev? take the wheel off, or just paint through the wheel? Have a notion to paint mine red, and do the thing that rusts up silver while I'm at it.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Did you take the calipers off to paint them Kev? take the wheel off, or just paint through the wheel? Have a notion to paint mine red, and do the thing that rusts up silver while I'm at it.
It would be a hell of a lot easier if you remove the wheel first, as you can get to the calipers much better - also avoids you randomly painting bits of your wheels as you move the brush around. ;)

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Take the wheel off....thoroughly good clean, make sure it's dry and take ya time, hammerite is easy to do, Debs Trophy Blue ZR with gold....my TF with Red.....piece of cake

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
i think the gold looks best ..

but that gold because its hamerite will probably turn a light brown colour once them calipers get hot .

seen that happen many times

all the best.mark

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Has anyone painted the back ones too ???

im thinking of painting mine red .. to match the car colour and new alloys.. so should i paint just front or back aswell ?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
How did you find the paint coped when putting the springs back in place?

The last time I had my pads out I had to really push to get the springs back, won't this damage the new paint?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts