MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna get some Wolfrace Warriors in 18" at the end of May, iv heard that 200 can easily fit 18's without any work being done to the arches.... is that true?

Had a look at the arches and seems as tho i would have to get a rather LOW profile tyre, so that it doesnt rub on full lock???

Also any feedback on the wheels?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey

i've got 17" hi octanes on and they fit easily. The rover dealers website said that 17 by 7 was the biggest a 216 cud fit on, my i had so much space around my wheel arches, it was then lowered 40 ml.... the only thing that might be trouble is when your on full left/right lock in the inside of the arch, but i don't think that'll happen. The wheels are nice, i preferred multispoke on mine (9), not bad though.... oh i have toyo tyres aswell which are thin, but even after lowering it i still have space....
izzerz

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh coz with 18's im not sure if its gonna need lowering cos it will fill the arch, although it will stand quite tall! Im not a fan of multispokes to be honest, but it does depend on the style and car they are on. I think 18's shud b ok... if not its not hard to cut away the arch.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Ive got 18s on and they have got no arch mods.

One thing, the passenger side wheel scrapes the arch on full lock, and when i have 4 people in the car, ythe rear passenger side scrapes....

So i think u would be better off gettin them arches rolled, thats what i am gonna have to do ,

Oh, btw im lowered with gmax 40mm springs too.... :)

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Never had in not lowered, when i got the car it was lowered. but i could imangine if not lowered there would be a HELL of an archgap.

Lowering is a must when gettin big rims!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh i know, i was just wondering wether because the wheels were a lot bigger than standard 14's they might fill the arch better, although the car wud stand too tall! I suppose i'll av to wait till its got the wheels on it to decide. :spanner: :idea:

·
Registered
rover_25
1,835 Posts
I think it would need lowered too! Would look quite odd otherwise, I had 17's not lowered while waiting on my springs and it looked funny.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have u had any problems with rubbing! After pic looks a lot better, plus uv got the Zr spoiler and spreyed handles.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
ah, i remember when i first lowered mine with my first set of 17s, was lovely, biach when i had people in the back for rubbing, but got me arches rolled, and no more problems! even when i went on holiday, had all my clothes, all my OH clothes and make up, the little one in the back, all her toys and all the food for the week!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts