MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yippee ! the garage who did my alloys solved the problem of them rubbing the wheel arch covers away. unfortunately they managed it by playing around with the cars tracking so much that it is now dangerous to drive as anything over 30 mph and it vibrates like mad and wanders to the right !
end result ? gotta get a new set of 16s which the local mg dealer is fitting at the same time as sorting the tracking and getting full refund and replacement of damaged parts from the garage
mel

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cowboys is the word you're looking for. they have 3 big tyre depots locally so beware anyone in derbyshire
mel

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
The F/TF does work with 17" wheels without too much effort. The ride height can cause problems if too low, a 4-wheel alignment is necessary, the tyres can rub against the wing inner liner but all easily fixed.

The F ride height is simple to adjust via a hydragas pump.

Wheel alignment can be checked/adjusted at most laser equiped depots.

Wing inner can be adjusted by heating with a hair dryer.

My TF rubs the liner with standard 16" wheels with T1-S tyres.

Personally, I wouldn't fit 17" wheels/tyres to my TF as I don't want to ride to become any harder than the current sidewalls permit.

However, I've seen enough Fs fitted with 17" to know that it is not inherently dangerous - just a matter of setup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as we're getting our money back we've decided to go back to 16's but it hard getting decent ones as mike satur only has 17's and brown and gammons can't get hold of any and moss's are more expensive than the local mg dealer
mel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts