MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help!!? Ive just fitted a MG ZR160 engine and gearbox to my Rover 25 GTI. It was fitted with the MG wiring loom but will not run on the MGs ECU, it starts but then cuts off virtually straight away? However it will run on the original GTI ECU. Is their a way around this so i can use the MGs ECU or will i have to have the original remapped? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Was the 160 engine ECU recoded to match the 25's security ECU and key fobs?
If not then that is the problem. The engine is not running as the immobiliser is cutting in because it is not receiving the correct code from the engine ECU. The two have to be matched for the immobiliser to disarm and allow the engine to run. Matching is done via Testbook.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
You need to pair, or sync the 5AS unit to the ECU.

Just running it on the 25GTI ecu is the simple answer. Don't expect to get 160bhp just by running the ZR ECU.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Just running it on the 25GTI ecu is the simple answer. Don't expect to get 160bhp just by running the ZR ECU.
Will let you know on that one Stu.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
I have already tried it and seen the evidence it won't :(

·
Registered
17,398 Posts

It did enter my mind, but thought I'd try and be clever and not mention the obvious.
It's always the simple things.:slap:

BIGZ can you not get the 5AS from the ZR160?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It did enter my mind, but thought I'd try and be clever and not mention the obvious.
It's always the simple things.:slap:

BIGZ can you not get the 5AS from the ZR160?
Will try tomorrow mate. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts