MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got three going,

basically, all tyres need replacing either due to nails or odd wearing, ( imho )
some kurbing which has been patched up, ( I just got them off ebay , only wanted 1 but he wouldnt split them )

basically, need to get rid of them so make me an offer, will split , will help to deliver (negotiate)or meet half way depending, (prices below ).

make me an offer otherwise
good for a spare.

will get pics up if requested

ALSO I have now 4 centre CAPS , not going with the alloys, all mg badged , will sell individually or together so make me an offer on this. ( please )

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
number one
35 pounds ( or make me an offer )

tyre seems

great apart from one edge is worn more than the other, whether it needs changing is down to the professional eye....(i'd say personally this one is road worthy)

the actually alloy is good bar one small region of scuff, which has been coloured back silver so barely noticable , especially when tyre is on.

Number two
25 pounds
alloy slightly more curbing been patched up again ,

tyre again more worn on one side, on the inside ( ie the back of the alloy, so the face is good ) its not as good as the first I'm afraid , I would say this one would need replacing but again I not qualified )

Number three,
35 pounds (ono)
PERFECT alloy, this is MY wheel, only replaced due to screw in tyre, the tyres are immaculate michelins 50mm , if you can still repair these well worth it, I wont show piccy of alloy as I say the actually alloy is perfect, just the tyre has a big wad of metal in it, I have been driving on this for 6 weeks, slow puncture, so thats why I have replaced it, but I came to the conclusion it was cheaper to buying seconds off ebay than a whole new tyre :p

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No1knows
Do you know if a 16 hairpin will fit over a zr160 front brake

I believe all of them will fit ZR's & ZS's mk1 or mk2's even as far back as 90's rovers, I m reading my price guide for the ZR's

It reads

" 17" Alloy Wheels ilo 16" alloys " for the zr160 hmm don't know what ilo stands for,

Front brake size = 282mm or just over 11"

Hmm perhaps someone else knows, as I say I can't see them not fitting, but best to make sure

·
Registered
280 Posts
the only reason i asked is i'm after a spare alloy for my 160 but as stated in the handbook a spacesave or temporary spare won't fit over the front brakes. and as its only going to be a spare i doesn't matter what it is aslong as it fits. Knowing my luck if ever get a puncture it'll be in the front when its raining and i'll get soaked swapping wheels front to rear

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the only reason i asked is i'm after a spare alloy for my 160 but as stated in the handbook a spacesave or temporary spare won't fit over the front brakes. and as its only going to be a spare i doesn't matter what it is aslong as it fits. Knowing my luck if ever get a puncture it'll be in the front when its raining and i'll get soaked swapping wheels front to rear
--------word of advice , if the bootwell in a zr is the same as a zs---------
I got one as a spare as well, however I had to deflate mine , to fit it in the bloody boot , I swear they can only fit a space saver, I'm in a good mind to put the space saver back in, ( although I do carry around a 12volt pump with me so it doesnt matter too much, just prob fail an MOT saying its not a roadworthy tyre un inflated or something stupid ) either way your choice, I have 3 of them , 2 prob need replacement tyre, third should be ok.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok ok, no one wants them seperate

right I have four 2 mint condition other 2 repaired but hardly tell, all tyres need replacing imo however if you get a good one its free

right so who wants 4 hairpins for 70 pounds ?????

Make me an offer

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i have a couple left

all tyres are non usable though

just depends on the condition of the alloy you're after & the price you're offering

1 - 14 of 14 Posts