MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
the whole engine + gearbox + ecu + pretty much the whole front mechanics and electrics of the donor car would be an idea.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
What are you expecting to do with it?

You are not going to be able to just bolt it on.

The conversion that people do is to replace the whole K series engine with the T series one.

Or use the turbo, manifold etc from the K series turbo found in the Rover 75.

·
Registered
105 Posts
im loooking at doing a zr160 eingine swap into my 105+ whould i need loads of extras to make that work or just the engine ecu loom etc

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
You would need the gearbox, mounts, engine, loom, dials, exhaust, brakes etc

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
True, plus 5AS unit, gearbox linkages and so on.

Really not worth doing when they can be bought off the shelf as it were.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Brakes I had. Good spot on the others.

Should we just shorten it to "just about everything mechanical" :lol:

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yep, thats why its only worth doing the conversion to something you can't just buy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im gutted looks like 105 is gna be staying that then :) untill i get my bmc cda might add a lil bit for me

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Also insuring a stock ZR160 would be a damn-site easier and i'd imagine cheaper too, especially if the '88' is when you were born. :)

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im gutted looks like 105 is gna be staying that then :) untill i get my bmc cda might add a lil bit for me
In all honesty, don't take this the wrong way, but what would you actually use the extra horses for? The 105bhp 1.4 k-series is a stomer of an engine as it is, more then capable for everyday use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts