MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1224 Miles

616 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Womble 
Near on 400 miles yesterday to Eastbourne and back - just to have my car given its 3-yr service (for free - a big thank you to Caffyns for continuing to honour the original guarantee :D ) and it's first MOT, and er... lie on the pebbly beach.

Never skipped a beat in some hard driving. I should take this for granted but don't, because my previous Rover - a P5B 3.5 coupé - regularly used to drop a beat or three. After the longest trip I'd ever done in one day - 648 miles to Aberdeen and back - its exhaust dropped off.

Back to my '03 75... got an 'advisory' with the MOT about the n/s rear tyre, which was approaching its limit at 23,000 miles. Caffyns said 'they all do it' - wear this tyre first. Looks like I'll be going to 'Just Tyres' for a quote soon.

But what sort of life should I expect from the exhaust ? No sign of trouble as yet. Battery like-new too. I mainly do long runs. Great car.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.