MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quickie,

As you know my engine went soft side up and I'm currently looking for another. Can you fit the VVC engine into the 120+ ZR model?

Was just wondering what I would have to change in order to get it to work. On the other hand, if anyone knows of an 1800cc engine for sale, please gimme a shout as I've been looking for ages and still can't see one!

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
For an engine swap its only about £300 swapping the engine is easy enough, i dont know much about the 160 but i would have thought it would just be the engine and ecu. However i dont know about the suspension and the brakes.

·
Registered
mg_zr
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta mate,

Wasn't really talking about the cost, I was thinking more along the lines of how different the parts were or is it just as easy as swapping it with another 120 engine?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
yes swap would be easy ish.
but you would need ECU for the VVC units.
poss gearbox, although they are both pg1, i'm 99% sure I read they have differrent ratings.
drivee shafts.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
You would need the VVC engine wiring loom aswell for the VVC unit on the head.

I'm going to start looking into coverting my 1.8 metro to vvc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Coopsman

Could you give me some info on your vvc engine

1) How many miles has it done - do you have proof of this?
2) Why do you have a spare engine?
3) Has the HG ever been changed?
4) What car was it from?
5) Does it include ECU, Alternator etc?

And finally 6) How much are you looking for the engine?

thanks

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
I might have a TF135 engine up for sale soon, stripping my ZR (originally a 105) so if you're interested make me an offer. Only done 10k since its rebuild, uprated headgasket too :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts