MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Now got the 114sli but very little info in the handbook. Can anyone tell me mileage for a cambelt change please.

Also and this may seem stange, its an auto and the gearbox dipstick is to the right of the engine but where do I top up the CVT fluid?

Other than that she goes well but a 75 she ain't :D

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
rover_75
431 Posts
According to Haynes, the timing belt is done at 96,000. You'd be brave to leave it that long though - I got mine done at 60,000, and the Rover garage said that's when they usually do them.

The CVT fluid is topped up by putting a funnel into the dipstick tube you've already found.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,628 Posts
The cam belt was original 86,000. But Rover changed it to 60,00 or every 6 years. The filler for the CVT should have a big yellow cap and be to the right of the transmission dip stick. As long as the box sounds quite and does not kangaroo then I wouldn't bother filling it up as you could damage it.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you. I have found the service book after my post and the belt was changed at 36k as she's only done 52k now I will leave it a while longer. The gear change is fine so I will leave well alone.Thanks for your help. :beer:

Major with ref to my PM a couple of days ago, I contacted them and they did put a new belt on her. Thanks again :URGOD:

Ken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.