MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon Lads,

Right then i have a 2002 ZR TD+

Drums on back suggest its 101bhp, talking to a Guy from some Rover garage i thinks its the higher output, so any really reliable way of finding out??

And well if it is 101bhp, is it easy to put up to 115bhp,if yes what, where, who and how much?!?!

Also i dont know if anyone has driven both the 101 and the 115, and tell me is there much difference, in respects of acceleration and with the Brakes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I could well have been upgraded to 115, but it was definitely a 101 when built It was available as a dealer upgrade. There will be a sticker saying the output on the drivers pillar if its anything othere than a 101. Instead of getting an upgrade, you'd be much better off speaking to pocketbikeUK on here and getting it remapped. If you do, consider putting vented disks on the front, as the standard solids aren't up to much.
Jim

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well i dont need to go into uprating the brakes i dont think, unless you are on a track they are perfectly good enough, well that unless its going to cost £20 to upgrade them, you say get it re mapped, whats the cost implications, my pockets have bottoms, unlike some guys on here, where do you get it from, do you not eat or something!!!!!!!

i think i might just betray MG and get a CTR or something, will be easier and probs just as expensive!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
ok well i dont need to go into uprating the brakes i dont think, unless you are on a track they are perfectly good enough, well that unless its going to cost £20 to upgrade them, you say get it re mapped, whats the cost implications, my pockets have bottoms, unlike some guys on here, where do you get it from, do you not eat or something!!!!!!!

i think i might just betray MG and get a CTR or something, will be easier and probs just as expensive!!!!!!
Ok, maybe uprating the brakes isn't the immediate one to do, but it will if you decide totune your car further than the basic methods.

My pockets have a bottom as well, i have wife and children to feed. I just save my money, carefully. So please, less of the insults.

The re-map is approx £200, but PM pocketbikeuk for an accurate price.

If you want a CTR, then go and get one. Nobody is going to hold you against your will!!!

You asked a question, and you got answers. Why throw it back at us????

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
IF you get a remap you WILL need better breaks trust me i have uprated mintex solid discs,pads and shoes and it still aint enough.
Cheers scott

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Afternoon Lads,

Right then i have a 2002 ZR TD+

Drums on back suggest its 101bhp, talking to a guy from some Rover garage thinks its the higher output, so any really reliable way of finding out??
I think 2002 is too early for the higher o/p version.

Ways to tell: disc brakes at rear = 113 (as opposed to drums = 101)

Sticker on driver's 'B' pillar.

It can't be upgraded retrospectively by MGR to the higher o/p (I had a 101 at that time, and happened to look into it). It is understood to be a firmware upgrade. Maybe it was deemed to be too dangerous to do the change to models with the drum brakes?

Insurance website: bund in the reg. and see what it comes up with

The V5: Might be part of the model name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts